Travis H. Brown, MBA, is the CEO and co-founder of First Rule, a St. Louis-based public affairs and advocacy firm. He is a frequent contributor to Forbes.com, a nationally sought-after speaker, and the author of How Money Walks, a book that explores how wealth and people move between the states. Brown regularly discusses the book’s findings on national media outlets, including CNBC and Fox Business.
Brown has an undergraduate degree in economics from the University of Missouri and an MBA from Washington University in St. Louis. He has two decades of state and local lobbying experience and has worked in one-third of the 50 states. After a diverse career in corporate sales, marketing, and government affairs, Brown co-founded Pelopidas LLC in 2007.
Awards & Affiliations:
- 2011 Most Influential St. Louisans by St. Louis Business Journal
- Graduate of Washington University’s Mini-Medical School
- Private Pilot: Single Engine Land & Sea; Instrumental Airplane
- Forbes: California Can’t Mimic No Income Tax Texas Without Substantial Spending Reforms
- Fox and Friends: Consumption Taxes and Why They Matter
- Fox Business: Americans Fleeing High Tax States
- CNBC: How Money Walks & Staggering Stats
- Mobile Patent Wars: At the Nexus of Nexus
- Forbes: Though it’s Best Known for NASCAR, North Carolina Takes a Tax Reform Victory Lap
- The International Migration of Superstars
- Sirius Transparency: National Radio Tours on How Taxpayers Vote With Their Feet
- A Lobbyist, a Plane, a Business Representative, & A Nice Sommelier Book
- Special Event Marketing Should Follow an Entrepreneur’s Rules